#!/usr/bin/vijay

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Laptop

I finally purchased the iBall laptop. After extensive market research for features/price/performance, I bought the Emperor High end model. The configuration of the laptop is :

  • 1.7GHz Pentium M Centrino Processor.
  • 1 GB DDR RAM.
  • 80 GB Harddisk.
  • DVD Plus Writer.
  • ATI Mobility Radeon 256bMB Graphics Card.
  • 15.4" Wide WXGA Screen - Resolution upto 1680 X 1050.
  • Builty-in Sub woofer, Mic, Bluetooth, Wireless Networking.
The laptop simply rocks. I've installed Windows XP Home Edition, Windows LongHorn 4051 PDC and Ubuntu Linux. Surprisingly Ubuntu has detected all the hardware except bluetooth and TV tuner. And with Oracle 10g Server, Thunerbird, Eclipse, JBoss running, the system still runs as a cool breeze.

And the widescreen is simply amazing. Now I can look into serious development anywhere. And the connectivity to internet is via bluetooth phone Nokia 3230. All in all, a very good deal. I just started with writing articles on my laptop about Eclipse-Jboss development. Check them out at http://vijaykiran.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home